Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Birds and the Bee

Dear friends,

Let me just say, I have a Big Thing for Birds.  Really big.  So I knew that the former owners of my house, the two sisters, also loved birds the minute I set foot on the property.  After all, there were these:



And these:
 And this fellow:

And lots more, all over the place.  Not to mention the real birds---hundreds of them---that make our garden their home.

I had been told that the former owners at one time had a huge collection of concrete yard ornaments---birdbaths, deer, etc.---but it had been sold at an estate sale.  I did manage to find one little concrete cardinal hidden in the bushes.  And let me just say that I Also Love Concrete.

I found out that two of my new Taylor friends happened to shop at that estate sale, and have many of the items that were here at our house.  On a recent visit, they gifted me with a large, worn, concrete cardinal that had been here.  Reunited with the baby concrete bird I found, they look like they're been here in that spot forever.  Ain't they sweet? :-)  Yes, her beak needs a tiny dab of touch-up paint.  I'll get to that.  Soon.  LOL.



Oh, and the bees part, in the title of this post?  This funny fellow was also here, along with a large plastic ladybug.


Happy gardening!

bobbi c.

No comments: