Saturday, June 23, 2007

Food not lawns!

Dear friends,

I was excited to run across a website called "Food Not Lawns"

Started by author/activist Heather C. Flores, the group advocates and supports front yard gardens and other ecological projects. Hey, as the almost owner of a new front lawn, I'm all for that!

I for one can't wait to turn my water-wasting, gasoline-guzzling front lawn into a verdant garden full of herbs and flowers, and yes, maybe even veggies! Time will tell whether I run into any kind of ruckus by doing that or not...you never know here in Texas.

And as always, I'm inspired by the work of the Dervaes family in California, and their 1/5 acre homestead. If you haven't seen their gorgeous, amazing website, surf on by and prepare to be gobsmacked!

Path to Freedom

Until next time,

dig it!

bobbi c.

No comments: