Thursday, August 11, 2016

Shiplap Headboard made from Antique Pine

We call ourselves the Shiplap Cottage here since our whole house is encased in it. Literally, both sides of every wall, the outer siding, etc. We were shiplap before #shiplap was cool! LOL

I hoard scraps of the stuff. And I'm especially glad I saved the scraps we removed when we moved the French doors from between the bedroom and living room, to the dining room/kitchen.

Yep, big old antique longleaf pine boards, nine-inches wide.

I've recently been downsizing our furniture, repainting older pieces, moving them around, and even replaced our large bed with a queen-sized. I wanted a simple, wooden headboard to go with the simple Ikea storage base we bought. We already had the dark brown side tables, bought at World Market years ago. The art (to be replaced with an original painting) was a Goodwill Store find. The vintage red pillowcase is a pattern I love, and covers a throw pillow. (Yes, we moved the lamps closer to the bed. LOL)

And this is what we ended up with!


I had to increase the contrast so you can see the individual boards. Unlike a lot of folks, we put the boards vertical instead of horizontal. I'm thinking that eventually I'll do a horizontal wood feature of some kind on the wall behind the bed. If you take a peek at the right corner, you'll see the original antique pine floorboards, too!

Like everything here, it's a work-in-progress!

happy trails,

bobbi c.

No comments: