Thursday, June 14, 2012

Twenty Years Later!

Dear friends,

Twenty years ago this month, I was publishing short gardening and cooking booklets through my Fiberworks Publications small press.  One in particular, COOKING WITH HERBS & SPICES, was my favorite.

The booklets were short, sweet, and I sold oodles of them at herb festivals, fairs, through mail-order and to libraries.  After recently publishing my LONE STAR DEATH mystery novel as a Kindle e-book, I had the notion that the booklets might be something that my Earthly Gardener readers might like.  So, I dug through my piles and found the only original copy that I have, published back in June, 1992.  Ironic, I thought--twenty years exactly.  Just in time for a Special Twentieth Anniversary E-book Edition!

So, I spent the weekend updating it, editing it, adding a bit, taking a bit out, formatting--all that stuff that one has to do these days to get a book ready for publication.  One thing I couldn't do back then was afford to include photos in the book.  This time, I can!  So I spent another day or so going through my thousands of garden and cooking photos to find just the right ones to illustrate it.  Luckily, I have lots of photos of herbs! :-)

THEN, I had to find the right photo for the cover.  (Yes, I Do It All Myself).  Found that, added the title  text, and came up with this:

Stay tuned!  I predict that the booklet will be available for sale on Amazon.com as a Kindle e-book by the end of the month, if not sooner.

Happy trails, y'all!

bobbi c.



No comments: