Friday, June 19, 2009

Old garden friends

Dear friends,

I've been sorting through the thousands of digital photos I've taken over the last four years, and happened upon this fellow:



I realized that I've had this for at least 15 years, if not longer. What makes it special, besides the sweet face, is that a long-time friend gave it to me. I met Sharon Wilcox, a printmaker and interior designer who lives in Pittsburgh, when we both joined the Dreams into Reality art co-op gallery in Austin years ago.....at least 25? We became friends, and in spite of the distance between us, have continued our friendship through the years, first through letters, cards and phone calls, then through e-mail. Sharon was the first to teach me the joys of many things...fresh basil, fresh pasta,putting hearts of palm (and other interesting things) into salads, real coffee ground from beans...many, many things. And she's taught me a lot about being an artist and gardener over the years, too. Some of my favorite pieces of art are prints she made and gave me.

This didn't start out being about my friend,but you know what? Why not! Thanks, Sharon, for it all. And for a gift of a wonderful sheep's head planter.

Dig it!

bobbi c.

No comments: