Monday, June 22, 2009

Growing Heirloom Corn

Dear garden fiends, I mean FRIENDS!

So, I had high hopes (as I always do) when I planted the little
colored heirloom corn last spring. It came up, pronto, was SO pretty
with purpley-yellow leaves.....then it tassled!

Well! I finally picked some, and the ears are tiny! The package
said it was a miniature corn, but I thought it would be larger than
3" long! LOL!!! They are gorgeous, all different colors together,
yellow, lavender, purple. That would be OK, BUT they are all bug
eaten inside.

Dagnabbit!

The package said you can either eat them or dry them. I'm going to
dry them and hang them on the door for Halloween.

What with those, and the punkins, my fall harvest is IN! LOL.

I'm not giving up, though. I'm going to try again next year.

bobbi c.

No comments: