Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Heirloom veggies

The Earthly Gardener by Bobbi A. Chukran
February 27, 2007

Dear friends,

I was excited to find a good selection of heirloom tomato plants at our new garden center last night. It’s hard to find heirloom anything around here, much less ready-grown plants. I bought a few Roma tomatoes and a Cherokee Purple. I wasn’t going to buy plants this year, opting instead to start my own frohttp://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifm seeds, but I’m a sucker for the heirlooms.

Here’s an I found that talks about heirloom plants and why you might want to grow them.
http://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
I like to grow heirlooms mostly because of their connection with gardeners of the past…gardeners who lovingly saved seed from their favorite vegetable because it had been given to them by their grandmother or had been carried from one home to the other. And if it tastes great, well, that’s just a bonus!

dig it!

bobbi c.
Copyright ©2007 by bobbi a. chukran.

No comments: