Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Building a greenhouse....

The Earthly Gardener, an online gardening column by Bobbi A. Chukran

Dear friends,

I just ran across this article and set of photos from the In My Kitchen Garden site showing how they built a fairly simple greenhouse. The IMKG blog is an offshoot of one of my fav blogs, Farmgirl Fare.

Here's a photo of their finished greenhouse, which I "borrowed" from their website.



I've wanted a greenhouse for a while, but after Husband and I went shopping for one, I sort of cooled down over the idea. Here in central TX, greenhouses aren't useful for much of the year because they just get too hot. And I refuse to burn more fossil fuels cooling off a greenhouse for the few seedlings that we require for our gardens. Still, I do like the idea in theory of having a place to store plants over our short winters. Maybe eventually I'll cave and get a little garden house built for that.

Check out the blog and the website...lots of great gardening inspiration there along with recipes, great photos and more!

dig it!

bobbi c.
Copyright ©2007 by bobbi a. chukran

No comments: