Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Beginner's Guide to Starting Veggies from Seed

The Earthly Gardener by Bobbi A. Chukran
March 5, 2007

Dear friends,

Our spring garden here is coming along….at a crawl! The seedlings inside are not growing very fast; I think the light from my new growing stand is too weak for them. We’ve also had two unusual freezes during the last week. I usually have a few tomato plants out by now, although covered at night. No brag, just fact! LOL

I realize that a lot of my readers live in places where you can’t garden for a while. I feel for ya’, so dug up this link to a lot of great info. you can be reading in the meantime. On the great *You Grow Girl* website, a complete Beginner’s Guide to Starting Vegetables from Seed chart, more info. than you can shake a stick at, etc. etc. The site is maintained by Gayla Trail, author of the You Grow Girl book (also recommended!).



In the meanwhile, have happy dreams of spring!

dig it!

bobbi c.

All material here is copyright ©2005-2007 by Bobbi A. Chukran