Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Is it really spring?

Dear friends,

Almost overnight, the temperatures went from the high 80's to the low 40's here in central Texas.  I fear for the new hummingbirds we spotted in the garden last weekend.  Not to mention the new tomato and pepper plants I finally put out a few days ago!

Oh, I also wanted to mention that it's pouring down rain!  (No complaints there.)

Which brings me to the question--is it REALLY spring? :-)

I WAS going to go out into the garden and take more photos of the lovely antique roses that cover this property, but now they are drenched, bedraggled and bewildered.  LOL.  And to think that most of them are blooming right now, too. Tsk tsk.

In the meantime, I thought I'd regale you with photos from times past.  Some of these were turned into fine art prints and note cards (which hopefully, will appear for sale here before long).  

Hope you enjoy them!

Hens and chicks

Antique rose
Caladiums and Mexican Bush Sage in my former Leander, TX garden

Yellow mum close-up

More hens and chicks--love these things!
Until next time,

happy trails, and happy gardening!

bobbi c.

No comments: