Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Herb Garden


Dear friends,

I thought some of you might want to know about the variety of herbs I am currently growing in my garden. I almost always grow these: basil, rosemary, lavender, comfrey, sweet marjoram, thyme (creeping and lemon), Mexican oregano, Italian parsley, oregano, dill, sage, bayberry, vitex (chaste tree), catnip, chives, garlic chives, cilantro, dandelion, hawthorne, lemongrass, juniper, lemon balm, lamb's ears, passion flower, peppermint, tansy, spearmint and southernwood.

Predominantly, we use them for cooking. The others are "just because" they're beautiful, smell nice and help to deter insects from the vegetable garden.

I grow catnip for the four-leggeds:

And we also grow chili pequins because some generous bird planted them for us (they're also known as bird peppers), and because Rudy loves to make a little HOT vinegar infusion with them:

Perhaps you'll get inspired to plant some herbs! We could not live without them here.

Happy trails!

bobbi c.

No comments: