Monday, June 7, 2010

Edible Landscaping can also save energy in your home....

Dear friends,

I just ran across this wonderfully helpful column on the National Gardening Association website, Edible Landscaping with Charlie Nardozzi. It explains how planting fruit trees in your yard not only helps by providing food, they also help you save energy in your home. (Mr. Nardozzi recommends planting them on the SOUTH side of your house to get the full advantage.)

Check it out! GROW FRUIT TREES TO SAVE ENERGY

Here are a few of my small fruit trees I planted in my back yard garden...on the left is a plum, and on the right is an apricot. In the middle is an orphan tree I saved from the compost, yet to be identified. :-)


Remember....demand organic, support organic farms, and grow organic!

Happy trails from Texas!

bobbi c.

No comments: