Sunday, June 6, 2010

Apricots in Texas!

Dear friends,

Yes, apricots WILL grow here in central Texas! Husband and I just shared the second incredibly sweet, delicious apricot from our young tree this year, and we're looking forward to many more in the years to come.

I'd post a pic here, but that little fruit disappeared so fast I didn't have time to go fetch the camera! LOL. I love the way these little trees look.

I'm also keeping a close eye on my ONE plum that's turning a gorgeous shade of dusty purple, too.

I wish I could remember the variety of the apricot tree, but alas, I planted it before I started my garden e-journal. If I remember, or find other notes somewhere, I'll post. We bought it at the Natural Gardener in Austin, and they have an incredible system for helping you choose proper varieties for your area. If you're in the area (south Austin), it's well worth the visit to their wonderful nursery.

So next time you're at the garden centers, ask for more edible landscaping options, and go plant a fruit tree!

Dig it!

bobbi c.

No comments: