Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Timely words for our time....

Dear friends,

I'm in the process of revising The Frugal Gardener...More than 200 Ways to Save Resources (and Money) by Recycling in Your Garden, a book I wrote and published back in 1992 (written under my previous name, Bobbi A. McRae). The tips and ideas presented in the book are even more timely now than they perhaps were back then. I thought I'd share a quote by Theodore Roosevelt that I included in the book. It's from his Message to Congress, December 3, 1907.

"To waste, to destroy, our natural resources, to skin and exhaust the land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness, will result in undermining in the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them amplified and developed."

Words, even more timely, now.

Dig it!

bobbi c.

No comments: