Monday, November 12, 2018

Update on Earthly Gardener

Dear friends,

It's been a long time since I've blogged. There are many reasons; the main one is that we've moved from my home state of Texas to New Mexico. Las Cruces, NM, in fact.

Moving to NM has literally been a dream of mine since I first visited here when I was a young woman. Like, for over 40 years! Finally, after my horrible health fiasco, and my husband's cancer diagnosis, surgery and CURE, he made the pithy statement--If not NOW, then WHEN?

And I said, I'll start packing. :-)

And we did. Suffice it to say, it wasn't easy. We had a 1930s cottage we'd renovated that we had to sell, an additional backyard cottage and garage to empty out, loads of garden decor I wanted to keep, AND five cats to move.

But we did it--after one humongous garage sale and lots of help from friends, and an amazing Realtor (Debbie Kovar in Taylor), the house sold super quick. The long journey by car wasn't easy. Have you driven across west TX? LOL. It takes forever.

So I'm finally unpacked, getting used to another old house--a 1966 rancher on a large graveled lot--and planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Stay tuned for more in my new adventures in growing in a much dryer climate. I'll be starting a new blog at http://desertbohemian.blogspot.com.

P.S. I'm loving this weather here!

Happy trails,

bobbi c.
The Desert Bohemian

No comments: