Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday Garden Inspiration

Dear friends,

We're warming up here in central Texas, although the annual "Bobbi's Birthday Blizzard Blast" is around the corner. It seems that for more years than I can count, we've had some kind of "weather event" during the week of my birthday. Which, actually, is this week. :-)

So instead of spouting on and on about what you should be doing now in the garden, and how you can keep the grackles away from your seedlings (we're in the middle of a Grackopolypse right now), or how you too can make compost from old kitchen chairs, I decided to just inspire you with some purty photos. How's that? :-)


A somewhat blurry photo of my new plant table I put near the north window in my dining room. It's not bright enough to grow seedlings with just available light, but an OTT light I used for artwork is keeping a small patio tomato blooming and happy. And yes, there are tiny baby toms on it. The bouquet is from Valentine's Day.

Succulents LOVE this terra cotta chicken planter!

My granny's vintage bowl, vintage cat salt and pepper shakers from Mama, and a harvest of Italian peppers.

An antique rose, covered with raindrops.

Cedar raised beds, at a previous home. Surrounded by a seven-foot deer fence. That's the reality of trying to garden in the Texas Hill Country (Leander).

Largest rose hip I've ever seen, on one of the very old roses growing here at Catnip Cottage. I'm not sure of the variety.

And a pot of lemon thyme (right) and a small bay tree. Since deceased. Can't win them all! LOL


Until next time---
Happy trails from my Texas cottage garden,

bobbi c.

No comments: